Gas Dryer Vent

Guys, having a problem deciding on whether it is ok to use an under the eave vent for my gas dryer. Problem is that it is a second floor location and substantial work to locate anywhere else. I have continuous soffit vent now and know that there may be a problem of the hot air blowing back into the attic. My attic is vented. will it cause a major problem for me or am I just over cautious. Thanks, Steve
A lot of people do it, but frankly I would not. Go up through the attic and use a roof vent.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

"Steve" <nospam snipped-for-privacy@homerepairlive.com> wrote in message
Steve wrote:

How far below the soffit will it be? A weather vent deflecting the outlet down away from the soffit and if you wanted you could put a deflector around it or even close a small section of the soffit vent. Unless you're blowing it all up there, I doubt you would have a detectable temperature rise. What's more problematic imo would possibly be lint collection/buildup over a long period of time.
thanks guys, my preference is to vent through roof but a lot of things interfering with that way. The soffit is a first floor one that is about 8' from grade. I was planning to use a plastic vent that would be flush with the eaves that could be easily cleaned.