Gas Clothes Dryer

Admit I've never washed it, will do that now. Thanks

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

My one dryer had a problem it dried intermittently:(

When I took the dryer vent line apart I found a low spot, which was accumulating moisture.......

At first the dryer would work fine, then stuff wouldnt dry...

The problem occured after I replaced a leaky water hose......

Reply to
bob haller

I have temporarily re-routed the flex line so that it is more direct with fewer sharp turns and washed the lint filter as was also suggested (although it wasn't in any way clogged) and now have a fresh set of warm sheets nicely folded and put away in my linen closet. It remains to be seen if this experience has become constant or remains intermittent

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

So you still haven't checked the internal ductwork?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

will try to do that today, but there seems to be ample air flow

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

How do you know what ample air flow is? Did you measure it before you straightened out the hose or washed the filter to know if it has improved?

Here's how it looks from where I'm sitting...

The dryer worked fine for some period of time before it stopped drying your clothes. You've straightened out the vent hose and washed the filter. Let's say you were right and the lint filter was not "in any way clogged". Therefore straightening out the vent hose seems to be the thing that helped. However, the dryer worked fine with the hose in it's bent configuration prior to the problem appearing.

That tells me that there was restricted airflow which you improved - somewhat - by straightening out the vent hose. That tells me that you still have a restriction and the only place left is the internal ductwork.

Reply to
DerbyDad03