Gas Clothes Dryer

Page 2 of 2
On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:01:04 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

You wont need to service it as much if:
1.    Your vent is very short and you clean if often. 2.    You make sure the filter is very clean every time you use it. 3.    You replace the whole thing when it stops drying the clothes like it used to. 4.    You like to set your house on fire.

Lucky you.
I've had over 30 years of dryer experience and have taken different models apart to clean them, greatly improving their performance afterwards.
Just last August I posted about an Estate dryer that would shut down intermittently and require a cooling off period before it would restart. Cleaning the external ducting, including the exterior vent did not help. It was only after I opened it up and cleaned every nook, cranny and duct space that the problem went away.
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

1. Use a leaf blower connected to the inside of the house and blow out all the mung.
2. If you have an air compressor and a air hose of sufficient length, get a special nozzle such as: http://www.ductcleanersupply.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID 4
(There are probably cheaper alternatives, but this is the first one I found.)
On Feb 5, 12:33am, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You may need to clean the internal ductwork and fan area, as well as the external vent, around the flap. Any place where there is a turn or obstruction is a place where lint can build up.
I have done this a few times with various dryers and it greatly improved their performance.
Last August I had an Estate dryer that would actually shut down and require a cooling off period before it would restart. Once I vacuumed out all of the internal ductwork, it worked fine and has been working for over 6 months.
We have 2 dogs and drying their blankets and pillows creates a lot of hair, dust and dander in the dryer.
Mal,
Fairly new and not drying? I agree with the others that it may just need a good cleaning. YouTube has lots of diagnostic and repair vids, ic cleaning doesn't help. Might be a failing gas solenoid.
Dave M.

Check air trap outside the house and then the pipe between the dryer and the outside That needs to be cleaned out yearly Lint is the #1 cause of fires related to dryers. (I always save the lint and take it along for camping trips as a fire starter)