Garbage disposal recommendations?

I need a new garbage disposal and was interested in any opinions. I'm most likely going with a 3/4hp for moderate duty, no bones or really tough stuff. Previous one was a GE 3/4 that lasted 16 years and was still going great. One thing I would like is one that made a little less noise. Any recommendations?
try sears, they have models with stainless grinding chamber and blades, and sound deadening material for quieter operation

I concur with Sears. Check Consumer Reports for ratings and a best buy. I did and it is a very quiet model cheap.

I think that Insinkerator is a good quality product. I believe mine is the 777 model and it does an excellent job. Not the super top of the line nor the very bottom. http://www.insinkerator.com/disposer.html MLD
Previous one was a GE 3/4 that lasted 16 years and was

Why are you replacing a disposer that is still going great?
--

Roger Shoaf

Well, it was going great until one of the sink drain lines developed a leak from corrosion. In the process of fixing that, the disposal got bumped around so that it was a little loose in the bottom of the sink, the putty was pretty much shot. I figured there was a good chance it would leak, so I wanted to remove it to re-putty it. The big diecast nut that holds the disposal to the sink drain wouldn't come loose. I finally put enough torque on it, but knew I was risking breaking it, which is what happened.

This situation is akin to cancer. Once it has eaten stuff up, the best thing is to pull the plug. You COULD fix it, but it wouldn't last long.
If you go to all the trouble to replace the cancerous parts, it would be prudent to just replace the disposal since you probably would be doing it soon anyway. Or you would be under there fixing leaks on a regular basis. Fix it once, fix it right.
Buy a good one, and sell the other at a yard sale.
Steve

Kitchen Aid or In-sink-Erator have been good for me and others in my family. Just replaces one after abut 18 years in this house. In my old house it was 15 years and still going when we moved.