garbage disposal help

i have a really nasty binding in my garbage disposal .. i freed it up the best i could by spinning the disc with an allen key from the bottom. there seems to be one part of the rotation that seems to be really stubborn. I can't see anything inside, i think something might be under the disc. When I turn it on it goes about an 1/8th of a turn and stops and hums.
i saw someone refer to "garbage disposal laxative" -- something that home depot and ace sell that i could dump in there to help work out the dirt while i spin it. Anyone know about this product? Is there a proper name for this product and perhaps a brand? I can never find anything at HD.
thanks
Aren't these about $35 at HD?
TS
<Kosmo> wrote in message

Kosmo wrote:

It may well be time to replace it. Nothing you are going to pour in there is going to help.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Use the allen key to snap the motor unit out of its mounting to that flange at the drain...take a minute or less. Get it out where you can see what the problem is.