garbage disposal help

i have a really nasty binding in my garbage disposal .. i freed it up the best i could by spinning the disc with an allen key from the bottom. there seems to be one part of the rotation that seems to be really stubborn. I can't see anything inside, i think something might be under the disc. When I turn it on it goes about an 1/8th of a turn and stops and hums.

i saw someone refer to "garbage disposal laxative" -- something that home depot and ace sell that i could dump in there to help work out the dirt while i spin it. Anyone know about this product? Is there a proper name for this product and perhaps a brand? I can never find anything at HD.

thanks

Reply to
Kosmo

Aren't these about $35 at HD?

TS

Reply to
Tim or Marty Shephard

It may well be time to replace it. Nothing you are going to pour in there is going to help.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Use the allen key to snap the motor unit out of its mounting to that flange at the drain...take a minute or less. Get it out where you can see what the problem is.

Reply to
Curmudgeon