garbage disposal

Last night the garbage disposal blew a big hole out of the side and food chunks flew all around the bottom of the sink area. It was quite a mess and I was fortunate to notice it quickly because I was getting out the automatic dishwashing liquid. Imagine the mess when the dishwasher started discharging into the disposal.

Taking it off was a bitch since the whole disposal broke off in my hands when I was trying to turn it off the bracket. Taking the bracket off was not easy at all and finally the neighbor had to help me.

I went to the store and bought a GE disposal for $50 and found it very simple to install. However no plumber's putty was used and all the seals were rubber gaskets. After installing the unit and ensuring there were no leaks and it worked, I noticed the whole unit can turn a bit if forced. It turns at the point where the bracket touches the outside of the downspout coming out of the sinkhole. That part is plastic and slick, so I can see it turning a bit, but this is a bit disconcerting.

Does anyone have experience with this new type of disposal and does it seem like it will be okay?

Reply to
badgolferman

Hi,

Try to tighten it more. I worry it will vibrate loose and leak. You might be ok too though. Let it go and see what it does for awhile Hon.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7