Garage floor spiff up

The rustoleum 2-part epoxy based stuff looks pretty sweet for this sort of thing. They have em at home depot menards and the usual mega marts like that. If only they didn't have it in those hideous multitonal finishes.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Yes. Rust-Oleum makes some good stuff.

Reply to
Dan C

Epoxy is nothing more than good quality paint. If the surface of the floor is rough or full of holes the epoxy will not fill them. You will just have a nicely painted floor with holes and rough spots. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I have an old garage concrete floor that is in pretty rough shape. Actually the floor is sound, but the surface is full of little holes, uneven, etc.

I'd like to coat the surface with something that would fill in the holes (none are very deep - mostly surface stuff) and give the floor "new life". I'm thinking an epoxy type surface? Is that an appropriate product? Other ideas? Help appreciated!

Reply to
Airkings

The paint itself is one color and after applying you can spread the multicolored paint flakes. I left out that step and have a plain gray floor.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Ah! Good to know. Why anyone would want those flakes is beyond me. It screams old school.

Reply to
Todd H.

If you shop around the commercial cleaning supply houses you may find someone to help you out. There is a epoxy filler sold by some companies, sorry, I can not help with a name. It is pretty much a thick epoxy paint that you can trowel over rough areas. Looked like pudding, and it will fill rough spots. I chemical company I worked for years ago sold it, but The company is gone, along with my memory! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

x-no-archive: yes

So, then any ideas for the unevenness?