garage fllor epoxy-acid

I have a question for anyone who has epoxied their floor. Whaen you acid washed, did thefloor actually feel etched or just very clean. I acid washed with a two to one mix, but the floor doesnt appear etched as it does in a spot I had spilled battery acid a year ago. How rough should the floor appear? I'm thinking of hiring a bead blaster at a considerable expense Thanks
I usualy use acid full strength but if its clean, real clean then your mix should have worked, Blasting is different it doesnt Etch. Follow the instructions
ed wrote:

Since the acid comes in different strengths it is difficult to say from here. When I did mine it was rough.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
ed wrote:

Since the acid comes in different strengths it is difficult to say from here. When I did mine it was rough.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:39:04 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

thanks
ed wrote:

It has been a few years ago, so I don't remember. however I did follow the instructions that came with the paint and they did indicate the strength and time.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Acids as in Muriatic come in " home owner " weak strength , not to volitile . You simply are best to call the cos 800 no . . Or for a commercial job, call Detritch in Wisconsin for full acid and alkaline washes. Sherwin williams sells them.

When I did my floor last year most of the floor showed no real differance after acid etching. If you are unsure, do it a second time. Bead blasting seems excessive to me and would roughen the floor way too much. Greg