Garage door Routine Maintenance

What to use for lubricating garage door rollers (I mean track and bearings?)
thanks in advance

I use Silicone Spray Lubricant (made by GUNK, you may find others).
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/hi-tek.html is a good lubricant for rollers, hinges, tracks, etc.
the guy who serviced mine said to use spray lithium grease

For lubrication I would use a pure teflon spray lubricant. DONOT use WD-40 or other types of lubs because they attract dust and dirt. NEVER use WD-40 in a lock. WD-40 is good to loosen bolts, removing grease from your hands and also heard good for arthritis? As for the springs Use wesleys penterating oil. seems not to attact dirt and dust. Best Regards Anthony
................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
g.a.miller wrote:

Hi, Very important keeping the springs lubed. It minimizes metal fatigue prolonging the life of springs. Tony

How does lubing a spring minimize fatigue?
Mike
First of all I sprayed WD-40 on rollers, trackes and hinges. after two days as I read on this post bought Sillicon spray on the rollers, trackes and hinges. Not sure about springs. does they need lubrication? I do have white lithium grease spray but it is hard to spray because it is kind of grease so difficult to apply and does not spread..
Can you open the garage door from outside (if the door is closed and you forgot the keys in the house). I know it might sound silly but I bought this house few months ago

Does the system come with a remote(s)? One when in your car and/or as a separate unit mounted on the outside near the door? MLD
Yes system comes with the remote. This is something my wife asked me. Does a home intruder or a burgler can open the door from outside by lifting it with heavy hands? I tried it the door open about 0.5 inch and does not open. I did not apply a great force. just in case something can get broke. Thanks in advance.
I think I am a moron. I just think for a while and found the answer. Why we have to pull the red handle when power goes off?
My uncle was a truck driver and told me once that he worked with an old American Indian guy who used to use it on his knees for Arthrits. The guy swore it was the only thing that worked.
I sprayed the roller wheels with WD 40 and wipe gently with a rag then sprayed silicone spray on the rollers and hinges. On the screw driver (i have a genie garage door) i used the Genie GLU3 lube which is recommeded by Genie and available at a Lowes or Homedepot. The lube did make a difference. It is much quieter now
I sprayed the roller wheels with WD 40 and wiped gently with a rag then sprayed silicone spray on the rollers and hinges. On the screw driver (i have a genie garage door) i used the Genie GLU3 lube which is recommeded by Genie and available at a Lowes or Homedepot. The lube did make a difference. I did not lube the track. It is much quieter now
david wrote:

WD-40 is a drying agent, not a lubricant.
yes i know i used it to remove the gunk before i added the silicone spray
david wrote:

Hi, Teflon is better than Silicon.
Stubby wrote:

Hi, Acts like solvent. Induces rust. Tony