Garage door Routine Maintenance

What to use for lubricating garage door rollers (I mean track and bearings?)

thanks in advance

Reply to
c_shah

I use Silicone Spray Lubricant (made by GUNK, you may find others).

Oren

is a good lubricant for rollers, hinges, tracks, etc.

Reply to
Rich

the guy who serviced mine said to use spray lithium grease

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

For lubrication I would use a pure teflon spray lubricant. DONOT use WD-40 or other types of lubs because they attract dust and dirt. NEVER use WD-40 in a lock. WD-40 is good to loosen bolts, removing grease from your hands and also heard good for arthritis? As for the springs Use wesleys penterating oil. seems not to attact dirt and dust. Best Regards Anthony

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I sprayed the roller wheels with WD 40 and wipe gently with a rag then sprayed silicone spray on the rollers and hinges. On the screw driver (i have a genie garage door) i used the Genie GLU3 lube which is recommeded by Genie and available at a Lowes or Homedepot. The lube did make a difference. It is much quieter now

Reply to
david

I sprayed the roller wheels with WD 40 and wiped gently with a rag then sprayed silicone spray on the rollers and hinges. On the screw driver (i have a genie garage door) i used the Genie GLU3 lube which is recommeded by Genie and available at a Lowes or Homedepot. The lube did make a difference. I did not lube the track. It is much quieter now

Reply to
david

My uncle was a truck driver and told me once that he worked with an old American Indian guy who used to use it on his knees for Arthrits. The guy swore it was the only thing that worked.

Reply to
emailwaste

WD-40 is a drying agent, not a lubricant.

Reply to
Stubby

yes i know i used it to remove the gunk before i added the silicone spray

Reply to
david

Hi, Acts like solvent. Induces rust. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Teflon is better than Silicon.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

How does lubing a spring minimize fatigue?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

First of all I sprayed WD-40 on rollers, trackes and hinges. after two days as I read on this post bought Sillicon spray on the rollers, trackes and hinges. Not sure about springs. does they need lubrication? I do have white lithium grease spray but it is hard to spray because it is kind of grease so difficult to apply and does not spread..

Can you open the garage door from outside (if the door is closed and you forgot the keys in the house). I know it might sound silly but I bought this house few months ago

Reply to
c_shah

Does the system come with a remote(s)? One when in your car and/or as a separate unit mounted on the outside near the door? MLD

Reply to
MLD

Yes system comes with the remote. This is something my wife asked me. Does a home intruder or a burgler can open the door from outside by lifting it with heavy hands? I tried it the door open about 0.5 inch and does not open. I did not apply a great force. just in case something can get broke. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
c_shah

I think I am a moron. I just think for a while and found the answer. Why we have to pull the red handle when power goes off?

Reply to
c_shah