garage door opens on its oen.

My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it opens 2 to 3 times a day.
please help.
On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 7:44:07 PM UTC-5, loujo73 @ aol. com wrote:

Open your manual and learn how to change the code (dip-switches) in the remote and opener. A neighbor has the same code as you.
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:44:02 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 7:44:07 PM UTC-5, loujo73 @ aol. com wrote:

That happened in the FL panhandle some years back. It was Navy planes doing some jamming while doing maneuvers. Enough complaints made them stop.
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.comcaedfaaed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_8824"@example.com wrote:

If you can change the remote code, try another code? Maybe one of your neighbor's GDO is interfering with yours. Newer ones with frequency rolling ones are less susceptible to interference.

Loujo-
It depends on what is causing it. My problem is caused by a Ham Radio antenna in the garage attic, directly above the wires to the garage door.
I added some of Radio Shack's 273-0105 "Snap Together Ferrite Choke Cores" to the power and control wires going into the main unit. It helped a lot, but occasionally it will still open when I transmit. I need to add more chokes!
Fred

Tig welder plays havok with GDOs too.
On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 8:44:07 PM UTC-4, loujo73 @ aol. com wrote:

I repaired copiers for many years.
I had one that would for no apparent reason start printing all by itself.
traced eventually to a nearby land mobile radio repair shop.....