garage door opener makes grinding noise

my garage door opener makes grinding noise when it reaches full open.
it is 10 years old.
worth trying to fix ?
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 8:14:36 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If it's made by Chamberlain (Craftsman) the plastic gears are shot...you can get them on ebay, and it's an easy fix.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, State make and model. Chain drive? Belt dirve? Screw drive?

For what it's worth, my older-than-10-YO GDO recently started making a screeching sound a few inches before fully open. It sounded like a metal on metal screech. I opened the case and performed the following maintenance:
- Oiled all metal to metal points, like the motor shaft, the bearing at the top of the opener, etc. - Applied bulk lithium grease to all the nylon gears - Cleaned the dirt and gunk from the top of the track with brake cleaner - Lubed the top of the track with spray lithium grease - Lubed the door rollers with spray lithium grease - Lubed the torsion spring with spray lithium grease
The screeching stopped and the door runs much smoother and quieter.