Garage door opener light problem

The lights attached to the opener suddenly stopped working after 5 years. The opener still works ok. It's an Overhead chain drive, Mod. 496CD/A. Before I poke around in it I wonder if anyone knows where the light switch and light-out delay device is located and what has likely gone wrong.
A previous opener, a Genie, had a simple switch/bi-metal delay mounted in the open and it was an easy fix.
I can't find anything in the owner's manual about the light, and would appreciate any suggestions on where to look and what the problem could be.
Marty

Martin wrote:

checked the bulb, No Fix... i then removed the electric panel out of the opener and found out that the solder joint on the board was melted... resoldered it and no problem for the past 2 yrs..... might be your problem?????
Moral of the story:
Throw away old burnt out bulbs right away so you don't use them to check to see if a bulb is burnt out.

Martin wrote:

Unless I missed something, you gave us a model number, but not the make of the opener. And Google came up dry on the model number.
Telling us who made it might help get you an answer, 'eh?
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

There is three relays (side by side) on the circuit board, one of the three controls the light, one opens the door, & the other closes the door. Most likely the relay is bad if it is not a loose solder joint, but most garage door people replace the whole board & usually do not stock parts to replace them.
Doordoc www.doorsandopeners.com
Thanks. I'll keep that info in mind for the next time. But I guess you didn't see my last post re ...<fixed> :