Garage door light

The garage door light will not come on. I've tried putting a new bulb in and it doesn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions before I call the garage door man?

dyork

Reply to
dyork

The garage door light will not come on. I've tried putting a new bulb in and it doesn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions before I call the garage door man?

dyork

Reply to
dyork

Look in your instruction manual (troubleshooting section). Call the maker of your opener. My opener has a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Walter R.

There usually is a relay and that is likely the problem. Replacing it is generally easy, but if you are not sure where to start, then maybe calling the service man may be a good idea.

I will make one very easy suggestion. Un-plug the unit and wait for a few minutes. Then turn the power back on and see if it is working. Sometimes it will get them going again. They have a type of computer and that will reset it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

My suggestion is to replace the bulb again. I know I'm not the only one who has replaced a burned out bulb with a defective one and then spent hours chasing down an elusive and non-existent electrical problem before thinking of replacing the bulb again.

Same goes for batteries.

Reply to
BZ

Your lifetime, mine, or the opener's?