garage ceiling

Any thoghts on using the 3/4" silver faced foam insulation board as for ceiling material in a detached garage? I would screw it to the expose joists and then tape the seams. The silver facing would give me good light for working and it would provide a bit of insulation.

TIA

Pete

Reply to
comcast News

It is not likely to meet any local codes (fire hazard) and it may not hold up over time.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

My son did just that in his detached workshop/garage. It has held up for years but I'm sure, as another said, it doesn't meet code. It specifically says on the face of the material that it is supposed to be covered with fire resistant drywall. By the way, he used screws with big washers to hold it up.

Reply to
Tom