gap in wood flooring slats

I have a separation between 2 pieces of wood flooring slats. That slats run above what I believe is the supporting beam How do I correct this split?

Wait until the warmer weather and it will probably swell back into place. Dry winters do things like that to wood.

Ed-
I'm thinking that the OP is refering (possibly) to subflooring (1x4 or 1x6)? Since he mentions that the flooring slats are above a support beam......
As opposed to a slight gap between hardwood floor pieces?
OP- A photo of the condition would be helpful to arrive at a more accurate explanation.
cheers Bob

This sounds like normal cross-grain wood movement. That's why lap, tounge-and-groove joints or wood laminates are often used. If you fill in the gap the floor may buckle in the higher humidity season.