gap in wood flooring slats

I have a separation between 2 pieces of wood flooring slats. That slats run above what I believe is the supporting beam How do I correct this split?

Reply to
dk

Wait until the warmer weather and it will probably swell back into place. Dry winters do things like that to wood.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed-

I'm thinking that the OP is refering (possibly) to subflooring (1x4 or

1x6)? Since he mentions that the flooring slats are above a support beam......

As opposed to a slight gap between hardwood floor pieces?

OP- A photo of the condition would be helpful to arrive at a more accurate explanation.

cheers Bob

Reply to
fftt

This sounds like normal cross-grain wood movement. That's why lap, tounge-and-groove joints or wood laminates are often used. If you fill in the gap the floor may buckle in the higher humidity season.

Reply to
Phisherman