Furnace will not come on unless I reset circuit breaker.

Page 2 of 2

Once I get the error codes I can go from there. I see no reasons to call for an expensive service call when all I need to do is clean a flame sensor or replace a $45 ignitor.

Lets see how long your wife is gonna stand being without heat. After all, its not rocket science....right??
Noon-Air wrote:

My wife must be more understanding than yours.

Is this your post? No change in our venting. It is, however, much colder than it has been in previous winters.
I did replace an EXTREMELY dirty furnace filter the day before the problem started. I can't imagine though, how this would bear on the situation.
If you cant figure out how a dirty filter can cause a unit to trip out and lock out and stay in a locked out condition, then you REALLY do need to call a qualified tech out. Particularly if you are willing to pay $45 for a damn ignitor...an ignitor that ISNT your issue, nor is that flame sensor. And if you cant find the error codes, that are either on your board, or on the door, then you sure you can go from there? I mean, just cause it says its in a particular circuit, does that mean you will replace everything in it and then still get the code later? Then, you are still down, and its still not right, and you have blown money on parts you didnt need....lets see...
$200 in parts you didnt need.... or $150 service call that got you fixed...

Ya got it backwards. The problem didn't start until AFTER I replaced the filter.
As it turns out, we got an offer in the mail from our furnace guy for a reduced price furnace checkup. We are going to call. In the end, we'll find out the deal.
John posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

ANY furnace guy that isn't busy right now HAS got to be a hack. Think about it.
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don\'t know and I don\'t care...

No kidding...booking now installs now for late Feb, and into March again...just when you think you get caught up...

What's your fuel source? Oil, propane, or natural gas?
Is it an 80% (metal chimney) or 90% model (plastic PVC vent)?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I told you FART gas!!!!!