Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

Denied.

Reply to
CJT

Glad to hear it!

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

blueman posted for all of us...

Well Jeffy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reply to
Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

Oh he KNOWS but he's got a lot more problems than that....

Reply to
Tekkie®

blueman posted for all of us...

And you seem to be a fundy idiot.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Smart enough to change a smart valve. It ain't rocket surgery. Even a hvac man could do it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

We have two digital CO monitors in our house. So, although we don't have the portable ones, we would know real quick if we had a problem.

The way the smart valve is put on the pipe nipple, and held to the burner with only four sheet metal screws, it would be impossible to change any of the configuration there. Turn gas valve ninety degrees, unplug, unscrew, put on gas tape, screw new valve back on nipple, put four screws back, turn gas back on, and you're done.

But I guess I could spend $400 for some needy hvac guy to come out here and do an hours worth of work, and that would include a couple of cigarette breaks.

Makes about as much sense as paying $700 to get your hot water heater changed. I changed my own for a little over $250, and that was with a new pan and blanket.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

So, providing a link to the where and when should not be a problem, right?

Let's see it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

blueman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@consult.pretender:

Congratulations. I, too, fixed my problem myself by replacing my stack over temp switch, which several of the highly experienced HVAC professionals here claimed they had never heard of.

Reply to
Pinko Flaggo

Don't hold your breath waiting.

If there was an incident, I'd be willing to bet it was a "professional" installation.

Reply to
CJT

I think I remember those exchanges.

Good for you for fixing without the need for "professional" help.

Reply to
CJT

"Bob_Loblaw" wrote in news:P_yrh.10540$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net:

Okay, I'm starting to get it now. Not only are we supposed to call in a highly experienced HVAC professional, we're supposed to shop around for the highest bidder.

Reply to
Pinko Flaggo

Pinko Flaggo writes: > "Bob_Loblaw" wrote in

No wonder the "pros" here have so much time on their hands -- they fail to understand that the combination of incompetence, rudeness, and high pricing doesn't really make for a thriving business.

It amazes me how pathetic it is that these so-called professionals feel so threatened by a couple of homeowners that they waste there supposedly rare free time ranting and raving like a bunch of elementary school kids. But then again most of them probably don't have much more than an elementary school level education...

Reply to
blueman

What was wrong with it? and why did it fail?

Reply to
Justin

"With a little research, one can easily become familiar with any system, and with a few successes, competent to perform at least rudimentary repairs."

You really are a clueless fool, and that's why you come here looking for answers? because you already know the answer, right?

Reply to
Justin

No matter. IF it was a fatality, and IF this is a true story, there will be a record somewhere that is easy to cite.

IF being the keyword.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Fuck off.

Reply to
Paul Milligan

"Pinko Flaggo" wrote

Nothing means nothing. I went up into the attic yesterday to reroute some LAN cables from my router to computers in various rooms in my house.

In the process, I handed down to my wife about 25 feet of ducting that was left from the previous remodel. Dead and discarded ducting that the workers were simply too lazy to hand down to ground hands for disposal. I used four rolls of metal sided tape to seal air leaks in the ductwork that the previous "professionals" were incapable of wrapping around pipes. Yeah, putting tape on gaps is tough, even for trained professionals. I opened up and rounded out several areas where they had crushed ductwork by crawling over it, and not putting it back to at least some form of round.

All this done by hvac "professionals" who were paid top dollar.

This happened before my appearance on the scene, or I would have not paid them until they had done the job and done it correctly. We get into all this discussion, but when a sixth grader can look at a pipe and see it has a big hole in it, there is some indication that there is something obviously wrong with this picture.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

All you need to do is go up into the attic and inspect their work. Misaligned ducts. Untapped joints. Hot and cold air blowing out of gaps that would take a small amount of tape to seal.

Shameful. And particularly shameful when they claim to be professionals and knowing so much.

If a guy can't see there's an inch gap in a duct, and goes on with his work, he's a true idiot, an unprofessional, or someone who TRULY doesn't give a shit.

STeve

Reply to
Steve B

Subscribe to the Colton Independent asshole! Its not on net.. The Explosion was a Farmer install of a propane furnace that was vastly oversized. Nothing was to safety standards. Appears the limit was jumpered out one thing.

Do hold your breath s*****ad.. And why are you here anyway? You don't like us so either meet me head on or shut the f*ck up. I work for a living and really don't have a lot of time for coksukers like you!

Put your money where your mouth is! I will take that bet!

Check with Farmers insurance group...Thats who paid me for an analysis of the equipment type after the Fire Investigations team from Minneapolis had finished. It is after all a very rural area. But there are licensed HVAC people in the area. The Hardware store ordered the furnace for them.. We had another one over by Humboldt last year.. Same kind of instal etc.

Reply to
Don Ocean