Furnace Blower has hard time starting

I have a furnace blower that takes a long time to start up and sometimes it just wont start. We replaced the motor, but still the same behavior. I forgot to check the capacitor though. Could a bad cap cause that? Its also quite loud when it is running.
Not sure what to do now? My next step is going to be to replace the cap since I don't know what else it could be. ANy tips will be appreciated.
CL
dnoyeB wrote:

Is it a direct drive or belt driven blower motor?
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Belt drive? I'd check the bearings on the blower unit. They do need lubrication periodically.
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:06:02 -0500, dnoyeB wrote:

it was the cap...
Call a HVAC service company. You're just guessing. Lets see, you replaced the $200 fan motor, but didn't replace the $25 capacitor. Not good.....
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

His last post said "it was the cap".
Now he's got a spare motor to store under his workbench for 10+ years 'cuz you can't throw away a perfectly good motor.
Anybody want to buy a perfectly good 10+ year old motor from a Whirlpool washer? I've got one under my workbench.
I can put that next to the 10 year old perfectly good hub from my 1989 Blazer's front wheel drive?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:39:49 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I am the HVAC dude. At least as far as my mom is concerned... Yea, now there is a spare motor in the closet, but so what. Its verry common and can probably sell online no problem. Just as easy to keep it around.
I actually was not guessing about the problem. I always thought it was the cap. What I failed to realize was that the cap was not built into the motor.
Anyway, when mom says fix it, you just fix it...
CL
You are a good son. Your mother and I are very proud of you. Have another cooky, they are fresh and just the way you like them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

1) Most motors that require a cap are shipped with the cap. (ASSuming a capacitor run type motor which is routine wih fans.)
2) Even if not, you replaced a $50/75 and didn't determine whether the cap you had was the right size or whether is was good.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:23:10 -0400, John Gilmer wrote:

I determined the existing cap was bad. I determined the new cap was the right size for the new motor. That also happened to be the right size for the old motor.