Furnace and AC prices -

I live in Missouri and am a first time home buyer. The home we are looking at buying has an ancient furnace and central air conditioner. I'm having a lot of trouble just finding what a new furnace and air conditioner might cost. Can anyone give me a range for furnace and for ac in US dollars? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The problem is there is a very great range. Check with a local provider and have them at least give you a preliminary estimate. Without actually looking at the existing system ducts returns size of home, insulation windows orientation etc. any guess would be almost worthless.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

http://www.grainger.com/
Have you tried contacting some HVAC outfits? That might be a place to start.
--
Steve Barker

None of these "experts" answered your question, did they? I am an Illinois contractor, and the pricing in your area is similar. Without knowing the size of your house, I can give you a range: budget between 5-8000.00 US for the work, maybe as much as 10000.00 if the ductwork needs extensive repairs and alterations. "Ancient" forced air sustems are usually severely lacking in cold air return paths, and that can run into some dough. A good rule of thumb is 2.50-3.00 per square foot of living space for your heating plant. A better way is to make an offer contingent on replacement costs being known before closing, and adjust the contract accordingly. Your attorney can guide you there.
Good Luck!
Glenn http://www.goalelectrical.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1200-12000, thats what you get without details..
What's your energy source? Gas, oil, or propane? Or electric heat pump?
Where I live in NYS, it's about two or three grand to replace a furnace, add another two or three g for the air conditioning.
Of course, a plumber installing Goodman is cheaper. A HVAC technician doing a nice job and installing Rheem or Heil is a bit more expensive.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.