Fun expanding garden hose

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261258214466?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
My expanding garden hose arrived, today. It's about 10 feet empty, and expands to 25 feet (yes, I got the tape measure out). Not sure what the ID is, but it's enough to power a nozzle from Dollar Tree.
The fitting leaked, on the female end, where it goes onto the hose bib. Not severe leak. I turned off the water, deflated the hose, and tightened. Didn't help the leak, but it made is miserable to get the threads to loosen.
Overall, it looks like a lot of fun. I may buy another one or two, just for the kewl factor. Stores in a very small place. I can tuck one into here and there, and hardly notice it. No information how durable it is, or if it will survive a winter in the car trunk. I doubt either it being durable, or withstanding freeze.

My daughter gave me a 50 ft. "Pocket Hose" as a gift and I just tried it out this week. The thing contracts and expands as advertised and it's very light to haul around. Best of all, no kinking. One thing I noticed though is that the pressure at the nozzle end is lower than with a standard hose. Maybe that's because of the rough interior surface -- more friction for the water.
Tomsic
That would be my guess, some kind of rough fabric. But, it's small storage space makes it possible to put a length in your car, tool box, etc, where usual hose would not fit. That makes up for the low flow. Better than no flow, you know, bro?
I think if you want high flow, need the rubber and nylon mesh 3/4 inch "good stuff" or some thing like that.
I already have a 50 foot length of "rolls flat" hose in each vehicle. Can't really justify wasting more money. Wasted enough on this one piece.
On 8/21/2013 9:06 PM, Tomsic wrote:

On 8/21/2013 7:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Curious about them and read reviews on internet. All agree that they are POS's. Most fail in first week of use.
I went to Amazon, and found the same. Thank you, might have saved me a pile of money. I do have the one 25 foot length, and won't buy another.
On 8/22/2013 8:37 AM, Frank wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Why do you keep water hoses in your car?
I'm a repairman, and also a fire buff. On occasion, I need to rinse things. Today was some what typical, I rinsed the dust out of a refrigeration condensor, about two feet frm a garden hose outlet. I used a garden sprayer, but I could as easily have hooked onto the garden hose outlet. This place had a hose, but many places do not leave a hose out.
I also wonder if some day I'll be first on the scene of a fire, and wish I had a hose. It has happened already.
On 8/22/2013 10:06 AM, badgolferman wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The next time you see that commercial, look at the surface they drag it over. It looks like smooth tiles. Let's try it on concrete or asphalt. I wouldn't leave it out in the cold of Winter either.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 8/21/2013 4:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I saw someone returning one at Walgreen's. I asked the clerk about it and he says a lot of them are returned because they leak so badly.

My "Pocket Hose" leaked at the faucet end too; but that's because no washer was supplied with it. I added a rubber washer and it was fine. I agree, however, it's not the best built product that I've ever seen.
Tomsic