Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home

..now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video)

Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them surrender :-/

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone decides they want to take it ? no, I wasn't going to stand for that, so I took it down," Hoskins said.""

Cabin Fever?

Reply to
Oren

Wasn't very good at math, was he? :o)

Reply to
norminn

"Anger is building up. People are beginning to do unusual things. Terry Hoskins bulldozed his house rather than allow a bank to foreclose on it. The local TV station conducted an online survey and found that 79 percent of respondents agreed with Hoskins' action."

tom

Something here does not make any sense. The article states that he had an offer of $170,000 to pay off $160,000 that he owed the bank, but the bank refused claiming that they could get more if it went to foreclosure.

Unless something is wrong here and he actually owed more than he claimed, anything over the amount owed would have to be given to the debtor would it not?

It also seems to me that he might be facing some sort of criminal liability. For instance if he would have torched the place it is still arson even if he filed no insurance claim, so why would the same result with a bulldozer be any different?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I think not criminal if the guy owns the home, before foreclosure? He can do most anything but burn it.

Some localities have permit requirement for a home demolition. Perhaps he gets a civil citation ticket?

If he knocks down his business building with the IRS lien on it .. guess who wins :-\

-- I don't practice law

Reply to
Oren