Frugal Dehumidifier - any good models widely available?

Page 2 of 2

On 26 Apr 2007 07:14:33 -0700, andre snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Probably. I spent a little time last night looking at patents issued last week at freepatentsonline. Just from my memory I can recall prior art directly affecting about a third of 'em. I bet I could nuke over half 'em with prior art with a few hours' searching.
I have a rather old 6 volume set of books called something to the effect "encyclopedia of mechanical gadgets". It's a compilation of interesting gadgets and mechanisms, much of the drawings from the patent database. I hit those books first when I think I've invented something new. I usually haven't. Too bad the patent office can't be bothered to look in their own database.

Yup, and the reverse of that, the Sachs engine that had two pistons on a wishbone con rod. Very little mechanical is new under the sun, especially involving IC engines.
John
--
John De Armond

Look carefully at the claims. If someone patents an engine describing a brass bolt in the claims, you may be able to get a newer patent claiming a steel bolt instead of the brass bolt, because the previous patent only claimed the brass bolt, but it may turn out that nobody (including you) will be able to build the engine with the brass or the steel bolt, without the previous patentholder's permission. If someone else wants to build the steel bolt version, they will also need your permission. In this situation, your new patent may be virtually worthless, even though it is perfectly valid.
Nick