Frost Free faucet

I just put in a frost free faucet. It was working OK for a while but then it started to get not come on. If I played with it (off, on, off, on ) then it would come on. Now no matter what I do it won't come on. The water is turned on to it so I'm sure that is not the issue and water does go to the pipe. I'm thinking somehow it is the frost free faucet. Any suggestions on how to repair it?
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:11:17 -0700 (PDT),

Take it apart. It is a simple hydrant, with a long shaft, and the washer and seat at the inner end. Comes apart like any other washer type faucet.
Add pictures here
✖
JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com wrote:

Hi, You are the one who put it in. You are the one who should know best what's going on.
Add pictures here
✖

I put my car in the garage. Now it won't start.
I'm the one who put it in, I guess I should know best what's going on.
I put my washing machine in the basement. Now it won't wash.
I'm the one who put it in, I guess I should know best what's going on.
Just because the OP installed the faucet doesn't mean he should (or need) to know how it works on the inside.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 29, 10:36 pm, "JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com"

The added complexity is just a longer shaft from the handle to the actual valve.
Add pictures here
✖
Just to clarify, I had a plumber put it in. He told me to pick one up from a big box store and he would put it in. I didn't put it in. I also did not buy it from harbor freight, I bought it from Lowes.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:08:54 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

One "chinese manufacturer" does not always translate to one factory or one design, or compatible parts.
Add pictures here
✖

Good advice except: Ever try to take one apart? The only time I succeeded is after I dug it up, put it in a vice and used a BIG pipe wrench. they are screwed together so tight you can't dissassemble in place. At least I haven't succeded with 4 of mine and I tried them all.
If I ever replace one of my bad ones, I will take it apart and reassemble with reasonable torque before I install it.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 20:40:28 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

I've had 3 apart. 2 in place. One started to leak one fall when I left the hose connected and we had a hard freeze - it froze and pulled the tube out of the body enough to open the valve. Took it apart - found out what was wrong, pressed it back to the right length, put it back together and no more problem. Replaced washers in 2 others. These are frost-proof hydrants that replace a standard hose-bib coming through the basement wall.
Add pictures here
✖

LOL, seeing as you it has to be taken apart prior to the connection being soldered, umm...
Yeah...
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 14:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Evan

I do not, and they do not recommend, solder to the faucet. Solder a male thread adapter to the pipe and thread the faucet on to it with either joint compound or teflon tape .
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:17:12 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

Nope - not necessarily. Sometimes you can hold the fitting with one wrench inside, and turn it with the second - also from inside. Better yet, thread it up do the pipe, aith a union soldered to a length suitable to get it back where you can work. To remove, undo the union and pull it out.
Add pictures here
✖

??? care to try posting that in English?
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:11:17 -0700 (PDT),

Return it to Harbor Freight. Get a refund. Stop buying crap from Harbor Freight. It's all junk. Now that that part is done, go to a reputable plumbing supply store and buy a quality faucet. Problem solved!!!!
Add pictures here
✖
I didn't buy from harbor freight. I don't even think they sell them there. I bought it from Lowes

Add pictures here
✖
1) shut off water to faucet 2) disassemble 3) clean, lube 4) reassemble
message
I just put in a frost free faucet. It was working OK for a while but then it started to get not come on. If I played with it (off, on, off, on ) then it would come on. Now no matter what I do it won't come on. The water is turned on to it so I'm sure that is not the issue and water does go to the pipe. I'm thinking somehow it is the frost free faucet. Any suggestions on how to repair it?
Add pictures here
✖
This is exactly what I did. No idea why it fixed it but it did.
THANKS, for the advice.
Jim
On Jun 30, 6:39 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Add pictures here
✖
That's what I do, for about 90% of my repairs. I'm also not sure why it works, but it's one of universe big secrets.
Thanks for the good news. Glad it worked.
message wrote:

Add pictures here
✖