Frigidaire Washer Drain Plugged

I have a Frigidaire washer (FWX223LBS7) and it wont drain. Everything I read is drain plugged or pump failure. Since it stopped draining all of a sudden I am thinking it is a plugged drain. As I was bailing out the water from the stuck load there was a lot of material in the washer from the rug I was washing (shedding?).
Anyway, I got the front panel off and now I am stumped as how to disconnect the hoses from the pump to try to clear them. They have some very odd looking clamps on them and I can not figure out how to get them off. Any ideas??
I'm really hoping I dont have to call a serviceperson for this!
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Maybe they clamps are attached with a screwdriver. Look and see if you can find it or feel around for it?
--

BetsyB

No, it is not the screw down type.

Take some channelock pliers and grip on either side of the clamp to pinch the sides and expand the "o". It is highly unlikely that there is something in the hoses. Rather, there is probably something inside the pump itself.

We just had this very same thing happen about a month ago. My wife had been washing a wool piece of fabric and it shed so bad pieces of it balled up inside the pump. But ours is a Maytag and the clamps on the hoses were not a problem to remove. But there has to be a method of removal / adjusting the clamps on yours. If not a screw type then possibly a small 5/16 hex head bolt maybe? If not that, then I would just try to break them to get them off and then put new screw type clamps back on after clearing the pump. Good luck!
Steve

Don't break the pump itself, a part of which goes into each hose.
I'm surprised there is no clamp or you can't just pull the hose off, but if determined to get in there, a knife to cut the hose off and a slit to cut down the length of the small part remaining on th epump. I just hope the hose is not some unusual size, but I guess you can buy hoses pieces from the maker if you can't just use standard hose.

On May 17, 5:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not a clothes washer expert, but those who point to the pump as the culprit are probably right on the mark. A centrifical pump has to accelerate the incoming fluid from the eye of the pump and into the vanes. This is the choke point for the carpet material to get hung up. Joe G
On 17 May 2007 14:11:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't get it. Would a pump fail slowly?