Friend Blames Me for House Fire

Page 1 of 2
I helped a friend roof his house in December. The weather was cold but we got the new shingles on. A few days later there were high winds and 20 or so shingles ripped off the roof. I checked and found the self adhesive pads on the shingles were not sticking because it was too cold. I told him we needed to heat the roof to make them stick. We replaced the missing shingles, and I tried a hair dryer to heat them. That was too slow, and was not making them stick very good. I told him we needed a faster method, and suggested using gasoline, and told him it was safe as long as it was spread thin enough. I took two 5 gallon cans of gasoline and brushed it on the whole roof with a large broom. I got on the ladder so I could get off the roof fast, and I tossed a match and let it burn. I figured it would burn fast because of the gas being spread so thinly, and would go out in a few seconds, but would create enough heat to make the shingles stick. Instead the whole roof went up in flames and the house burned to the ground. My friend is blaming me for the fire, and has even said he is going to sue me, and called the police saying it was arson. It's not my fault, I already know what went wrong. Some of the gasoline ran into roof vents and right after I set it on fire the winds picked up. The winds blew the fire into the vents and ignited the gasoline that dripped in there, and that started the attic on fire. The weather is what caused the fire, not me. I do think that maybe I should have put duct tape on the vents, but I never thought the winds would pick up right after I started the fire. He's being a real jerk about it. This is the last time I help a friend. I shouldn't even call this guy a friend, because he's an asshole. But if he wants to lose a friend over a stupid house, that's his right. I already told him he needed a new house anyhow, and pointed out to him how old, crappy, and run down his house was. But he is just being a total ass, and so is his wife. I wont help him ever again with anything.
040110 0540 - snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I wouldn't either. What an ungrateful sob...
Ever hear of 'The Darwin Awards', or 'News From The Weird' ?

Doesn't qualify if you live to tell about it.

His neighbor may not be through with him. ;-)
John Hines wrote:

AAMOF it does *if* the person has rendered themselves incapable of contributing to the genetic pool as a result of their feat.
--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

I didn't realize he had his nuts cut off, that would qualify, as would sterilization, say by radiation.
Being too much a loser to get a date doesn't earn any awards.
Well Trollin Stormin Mormin , next time you do a roof I will PAY to come see the job being done, I dont blame you from hiding your name You should be embarased
Not true. If you remove yourself from the gene pool, by way of accidental sterilization via the action, you qualify.

You're a troll aren't you?
If you're not, then you don't need friends, you need professional mental help.
Hound Dog
I suspect this is a troll but I also can believe it. I once had an employee explain to me why he was late:
Me: why are you late? Him: I had to wait for the fire department to put out my house Me: Why was the house on fire? Him: It spread from the garage Me: Why was the garage on fire? Him: THe car sorta caught fire Me: THis sounds good. Go on. Him: It wouldn't start (tapping foot sound) Him: It was cold and we decided to preheat the cars oil (more foot tapping sounds) Him: The gasoline we used to light the charcoal under the oil pan kinda exploded.......
True story.

Nah, just another shit stain...
--------------55C0DEA88EE64996E2A8620D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
.:\:/:. +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:. | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.: | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=: | | '=(\ 9 9 /)=' | Thank you, | ( (_) ) | Jeff | /`-vvv-'\ +-------------------+ / \ | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \ | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\ @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__ \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______) /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

wow jeff! can i borrow this?
--------------B81A4AB2CD497E455D437C0E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
-rosie- wrote:

Please do, I did...
Just remeber to switch to a fixed width font when pasting it into emails.
Happy New Year,
Jeff
-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
--------------B81A4AB2CD497E455D437C0E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------B81A4AB2CD497E455D437C0E--
-rosie- wrote: wow jeff!can i borrow this?

why .......................is just looks like garbage anyway. you have way too much time on your hands my friend.
Snore...........mumbling "troll"

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...
The combination of the poster's name, the quality of the writing and grammar, and the abject stupidity of the idea don't add up to a true story. But it's funny anyway. Have you thought of submitting the idea to the writers of Trailer Park Boys? I can see Julian and Bubbles trying this one.
http://www.showcase.ca/trailerparkboys /
Ricky

Is your last name Bush?
Hound Dog
Hound Dog wrote:

Made my day on a boring Saturday. Hope it was a comic joke.