fridge not defrosting

I have a Jennair side-by-side fridge (Model 2388ATB ). It is just not defrosting at all. I am doing that old fashion way by defrosting it once every 2 months.
What parts may be at fault most likely? Give me some clue to work on.
Daniel, Toronto

Frost free refrigerators have a small electrical heating element which is switched on periodically to melt ice in the evaporator, the part that gets cold. These are usually made up of a timer (mechanical or electronic) which turns on the heater, the heater itself, and a thermal switch which opens when the evaporator reaches a certain temperature deemed to indicate "defrosted". Any one of these can fail, I've had all 3 fail in different refrigerators. Pretty easy to test/repair. Here's some info: http://www.appliance411.com/faq/howdefrostworks.shtml
Dan

Dan,
Thanks for the quick info. I am reading it now. This should help.
Daniel

Glad to help
Dan
Timer, heater, termination bimetal.