Freezer problem

I have a 5 yo side by side whirlpool fridge/freezer. The ice maker is now spitting water on the inside of the freezer and it seems that things on the door and the top 1/3 section of the freezer are now thawing. The rest seems still frozen for now. I increased the temp from mid way to the coldest setting (just now) in hopes to save things. Any ideas?\

Where can I check? I touched the bottom of the icemaker (U shaped coil) and that and inside where the ice is are tepid at the most.

Reply to
M K

coldest

Hi,

Model#?

model# help.

Happened at the same time? *Sounds* more like two problems?? Water from the icemaker got into the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer??

Some simple things to check for...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks for the info.. looks like i have some investigating to do.

Reply to
M K