Foundation repair

I'm going through a bit of a nightmare with the house I bought. I found out during the inspection that a foundation repair had occurred a few months earlier. The inspection suggested it might not be holding and there seems to be movement based on interior and exterior cracking. The owner provided a copy of the transferable warranty that was stamped by a professional engineer, so we proceeded to buy it. When we moved in, we had the company come out and inspect it and they said it was purely cosmetic. Not sure (since I have never dealt with this type of stuff before) if that was true or not, a builder friend sent the company he uses out to take a look for us. That guy said that if it was his repair, he would consider the cracking a warranty issue, so now I don't know what to think. He asks to look at my installation report, and I don't have one, only the warranty.
So I contact the previous owner and he said he never got one. So I contact the original company and asked for it, and spent several months in a cat and mouse game where he never responded directly to my request, then finally said no, that he had an agreement with the original owner not to release that information. I know that is a load of BS, so I contact the original owner who calls the company on my behalf and requests the installation report. The company gets all in a huff, but finally says they will give it to me. 10 months later I still haven't received it.
Now I have foundation issues (likely due to the drought) in an adjacent area of the house. I'm certainly not dealing with this company again, but wouldn't it be nice for the new company to know where the existing piers are? So I'm making another attempt to get the installation report.
My question is, what is typical in the industry? The new company says they always give the customer the installation report when they are done. In other people's experiences, has the company that performed your repairs given you a report on what was installed where? Is there a legitimate excuse for them to be hiding this information from us?
Thanks for any insight.
On Nov 6, 9:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Get a copy of the plans or permits from the town?

I did pull up the permits, but unfortunately they were not detailed at all and provided no help. Thanks for the suggestion though.
snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Get a lawyer to send a demand letter to the original company.

Or just point a loaded gun at their head. People will suddenly respond they are held at gunpoint (for some strange reason). Your local NRA office should know where to get a gun that "talks".
Dick