Foundation PRoblem

Our home (ranch style,,1 story)..needs to have some of the foundation sill replaced..our hom eis built over a 4' crawlspace...can anyone give me some advice on how to do this,,also I believe one or two joists might have a crack in them..

Reply to
John Stockalis

A cracked joist is easily fixed by attaching another joist to the cracked one at the cracked portion like a bandaid.

Not sure why a sill would need to be fixed. Should be treated lumber sitting on foundation wall? What happened to it? How old is the house. Condition of foundation wall?

foundation sill

Reply to
Art Begun

Oh Geez, Get a clue.

If you only have 10 minutes experience shut your trap

Reply to
The King of AHR

Prop/jack up the wall slightly, remove old sill, install new one, lower wall. Move on to next area.

Reply to
Arty The Loser

When we bought the house about 18 yrs ago,,the crawlspace only had 2 airvents & one was blocked with insulation,,the air could not circulate & some of the sill I think could be rotted..we had the joists under one room replaced when we moved there (replaced with treated wood),,now we have 7 airvents..but I think the damage is done.

Reply to
John Stockalis

The weight of the wall and roof must be lifted off the sill. I do this by fastening a 2x horizontally to the studs, then lifting with jacks.

Have you looked into the cause of the problem?

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker