Foundation, how much out of level

I was playing with my laser leveler in the house, put it on the floor and levelled it with the bubbles, both axes.. I discovered that along a long wall the floor (slab with tile) slopes down from one end of the wall to the other by just over a centimeter in 460 centimeters length. You can see this in a visually obvious way with the red laser line as it goes toward the right.

Is this amount of slope (or any?) a bad sign? Or is it piddling compared to what's "serious".

Reply to
burnedtechie

its there for drainage, so water doesnt lay on the floor

Reply to
hallerb

SLope isn't bad unless it's enough to bother you. MOVEMENT is bad. If The slope is changing over time, then that's a problem, but you won't need a laser to notice it.

If you want some meaningless numbers to abuse as a standard, then the ADA defines "level" as less than 2% grade.

Reply to
Goedjn

Piddling, but I wouldn't bet the farm on the laser being super accurate unless it was self-leveling. A water level is also more reliable as you're not leveling with a bubble and using the laser to extrapolate out.

RicodJour