For ANyone Using An XM Roady

Hello:
Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a specific group for this question. Figure someone here might know, hopefully.
For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:
Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.
Is there a fuse in these units ? Or, a power reset somewhere ?
Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

Can't help you per se. There is alt.radio.satellite that you might try, but that mostly has degenerated into XM vs Sirrius partisan flamewars (think W vs Mac)

Then put OT as the first two characters in your subject line so A) people won't have to dl the body of the post to find out what you already know. B) so that filters to trap OT posts will work. Some people create filters against OT posts, so they won't have to be bothered by them.
People who read via the web probably can't do any of these things and don't know much about them, but most people read via Usenet. Cooperate with them.

What do you expect from somebody that pays good money to listen to the radio? He's obviously a moron.
Satellite radio is for poor and uneducated people.
For everybody else there's Ipods.

I never understood why anybody would pay a fee each month to listen to radio.
I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and not Donna Summer played to death.

Exactly. And I don't subscribe to cable TV--it's expensive! It's a total waste to pay for commercials. I get my news via free radio and the Internet whenever I want and can focus on topics I want. I rent DVDs and get high-definition pictures and quality sound. All the DVDs I want and can ever watch for under $240 a year--compare that cost to cable rip off. Cable programs eventually start repeating which is boring. On occasion I watch PBS and that picks up high-definition with just rabbit ears.

XM and Sirius are apparently in some pretty deep shit financially. Half-a billion for Howard Stern, 50 Million for Oprah, Millions for sports. Now there are trying to merge and are concentrating on new car sales and less on retail after a bad sales last Christmas. XM came out the same time that Apple unveiled their Ipods. To this day, the sales of Ipods beat sales of Sat rad 9 fold. You would have to be really poor or dumb to pay a monthly fee to listen to the same songs and have no control over what you listen to when you can just download your favorite songs and personalize your playlist for free at much higher quality than what these satellite provider can provide.
Cable TV was successful because it provided people more commercial- free choices and better picture than rabbit ears in an era before VHS/ DVD. Now if somebody came up with the concept of charging people 80-100 dollars a month to watch the same reruns of Law and Order and NYPD Blue and the same 50 censored movies with 50 percent commercials the idea would be laughed at. Same Movies, Same Episodes, New commercials, new rate increases.

Because it's well worth it. You've got dozens of stations that you can get coast to coast and they actually play music pretty much all day as opposed to the babbling idiocy of moronic DJ's or non-stop commercials. I hardly even listen to regular radio anymore.

You can find what you want when you want on sat. radio too. The fact that you think you would be 'Donna Summered' to death tells me you have probably never tried it.

And you don't have to looking for a new station every few hours on cross country trip nor schlep a box full of CDs around.

You don't have to schelp a box full of CDs around with an Ipod either.
It's not like I'm going on cross country trips every day either. I usually thump music at work or while I'm eating, and as far as I know, It's a real bitch to get satellite radio indoors.

Depends on where indoors is. I have mine set-up in the office and listen pretty much daily. The basement is another kettle o' fish.

of the genre day in and day out.
Where's Howard Stern now? Oh, he's on Sirius now. Just like Cable TV was supposed to be commercial free, they added them back in later.

Never tried it and never will.