fluidmaster constantly leaking from top of valve

I have a fluidmaster that has a slow but constant leak from the top of the valve (not from the refill tube). I took the top of the valve off and flushed out the valve but that didn't help. Do I just have to buy another fluid master?
just replace the whole thing at $6. it replaces quite easily when you use a small shopvac to suck out the last of the tank water first. also see their website for repair tips and problem solving and different items. maybe your kids are playing there, these units are usually low on service.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Don't they have a rubber diaphram type washer. Sometimes grit collects there and cause leak. Removal, cleaning and replacing may solve. Don't know if they sell new diaphrams. Frank
They do sell repair kits at the hardware store. Make sure your model allows the replacement of the rubber washer. You should be able to twist the top cap off. Make sure you turn off the water.

harlen posted for all of us...

--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I just replaced the valve and flapper on one of my toilets with a replacement kit from Home Depot. I was all set to turn off the water and drain the tank and remove the entire valve assembly and gasket, when I discovered that the old valve pulled right off and the new valve slipped right over the existing tube and worked perfectly.
I'm not a plumber, so I'm still confused but very happy. The entire job took me about 3 or 4 minutes of actual work.