Fluidmaster Cistern Valve

Had a bit of an overflow and wondered if the washer in the Fluidmaster ball valve might need replacing. I have a pack of the diaphragm type washers for the conventional plastic ball valves - will these fit? Or are Fluidmaster washers / diaphragms unique?

Reply to
John

I haven't had one fail, but they do warn that they're quite suspectable to any debris in the supply. There's a procedure when you install to remove the cap, invert a mug over top and turn the water on full, to ensure any debris is flushed out of the pipework before it's put into service. Might be worth repeating that.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Mmmmm - Wish I had a service valve!!!

Do I ask my wife to hold the mug - or work the stop tap?

Reply to
John

Turn off the stop c*ck & fit a service valve?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman