Floor painting (cont'd)? ? ?

Another question:
That porch floor that I'm repainting is rather paint-pocked from many previous coats.
Would one of those heavy flat floor sanders using coarse paper get it down to a relatively smooth finish? (The wood is very old pine, still in good condition.)
I'm very reluctant to use those drum sanders -- they can really do a lot of damage if you don't know what you're doing.
There are some new style floor sanders for non-pros now. One type uses a row of circular pads and the other one very large flat pad, there may be others. Rent one of those and use the materials recommended by the agency renting it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math