Just closed on an older home yesterday. Inspector had pointed out holes in
the caulking/sealant that secured the flashing going from the vertical wall
of the original home onto the (sloped) roof of an addition.
I went onto the roof myself this morning to look at the holes before going
and buying sealant (in another thread, a poster replied and recommended
I noticed that in some places (mainly at the ends), a couple nails holding
the flashing to the addition are somewhat loose.
I'm not sure how to fix that:
(1) Somehow get a new nail that won't be loose. (Don't see how to do
that---if the old one is loose, a new one would also be loose unless I get a
(2) Nail somewhere else along the flashing.
I figure I should do (2).