Flashing a little loose

Just closed on an older home yesterday. Inspector had pointed out holes in the caulking/sealant that secured the flashing going from the vertical wall of the original home onto the (sloped) roof of an addition.
I went onto the roof myself this morning to look at the holes before going and buying sealant (in another thread, a poster replied and recommended silicone).
I noticed that in some places (mainly at the ends), a couple nails holding the flashing to the addition are somewhat loose.
I'm not sure how to fix that: (1) Somehow get a new nail that won't be loose. (Don't see how to do that---if the old one is loose, a new one would also be loose unless I get a fatter one.) (2) Nail somewhere else along the flashing.
I figure I should do (2).
TIA,

A new nail or screw should do fine. Put some sealant on the fastener before you drive it all the way home. Remove and seal the hole from the old fastener.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Ah...my old man pointed out I could do (1), as long as I fill the whole first with something.