Fixing running toilet

I have 2 years old high end Kohler toilet with Flushmaster flashing system. The toilet is in basement bath pumped by a sewage ejector pump. The water from the toilet tank drips to the bowl, ejector pump triggers every a couple hours or so. The problem is that it is almost impossible to see water running into the bow, I wouldn't even know that if the pump didn't run or bowl didn't refill. Maybe when water level drops or rises to a certain level in the tank water starts running down the bowl. To me the flashing system looks OK, I didn't find any problem. I turned the toilet water off and later I saw that the water level was about 4" below the regular water level. What can be wrong and how to fix this?

Reply to
Sasha

It's probably leaking through the big flapper valve in the bottom of the tank. Clean around the porcelain edges and feel for defects in either that surface or that of the flapper itself. If it is the flapper, you can buy a replacement at any borg or hardware store for a couple of bucks. There's nothing to replacing one.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I had a similar problem with a Kohler toilet. I replaced the flapper twice but the toilet still leaked.... The problem was in the gasket between the flapper seat and the porcelain. I found out about this problem reading in a Kohler newsgroup. It seems that several models of Kohler toilets have this gasket problem. The Koehler dealer acknowledged this defect when I ordered a replacement gasket. It was like oh yea, those things are always going bad, Kohler shipped me a replacement for free.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It wouldn't hurt to turn the toilet completely off to make sure the problem isn't somewhere else ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

chain it to the vanity.

Reply to