Fixing doors that snap shut

Ok, let me explain.
I live in this appt complex with a real long hallway. There's 3 exit doors plus all the appt entrances.
Exit doors have closers on them and I have adjusted these repeatedly so the doors close slowly.
The problem that remains is the latch makes a loud snapping noise when the door has completed closing.
I tried to muffle it with some cotton but that also failed.
Since there is traffic through here day and night, the snapping is going virtually around the clock.
Is there any way to adjust or muffle such things so the residents like me can sleep?

It would help if you told us what type of latch. It is a push bar door? What is the latch hitting? Is it internal to the latch mechanism or is it hitting the bracket on the door jamb? If so, you may be able to move that a bit.

Sorry I have not been in here a while.
The problem is not just one door, It's most of the entrance doors. I'm going to say that it is the locking mechanism that makes all the racket because another tweak i tried was to put some foam in the bracket space.
Get different locks, wear ear plugs, or move.
Lon Ponschock wrote:

Think orthogonally. Do you need the locks quieter, or do you just need less noise in your apartment? Can you put something (say, foam weatherstrip) on your door that will reduce the amount of sound that gets through?
And next time, get an apartment all the way down the hall -- or upstairs. Not next to the durn doors!