Fixing a keyless entry remote control

I have a 2005 Chrevrolet Impala with a keyless entry remote control.
When I tried to replace the battery, the battery clip came off.
On the bottom of the clip, there are 3 soldering points: One is square and it's below the clip that holds the battery down On one "arm" of the clip, there's a metal point that looks like it went into the circuit board. On the other "arm" of the clip, there was a matching metal point but that pont is now missing.
How can I re-solder all three points to the circuit board?

I don't see how anyone is going to give an accurate answer to this without at least a picture. But one tip is that you probably only need electrical connectivity at two of the points. The third is likely only there for mechanical connection. And how you can or cannot solder it depends on what you have left there to work with. You might also consider epoxy for mechanical support after verifying that you have electrical connections established.

Fixed
On 11/20/2011 8:46 PM, gcotterl wrote:

Proper netiquette would be to tell us how you fixed it.

I re-soldered all three points to the circuit board
On 11/21/2011 3:01 PM, gary wrote:

Great! I had a feeling you could do it all along. :-)

Thanks. It was fairly dicey to heat the metal enough to melt the solder without melting the circut boad. The remote control now works (!) even though there's a little "ball" of solder at each point -- there wasn't a lot of room to work in -- and the battery clip is holding the battery securely in place.

Or sci.electronics.repair A lot of car groups seem mostly interested in adding lights and spoilers and lowering the car. Not all, I'm sure, buit I haven't found the one he woudl need.
Pictures would help them too.

gcotterl wrote:

1. Try to fix it, good luck on those tiny SMT circuit module. 2. Try to find replacement from eBay, Kijiji. 3. Get rid of it and have a long range robust after market 2 way remote with keyless entry, remote start, and even an alarm system if you will keep the car a few more years.
I had to chuck the OEM remote on my new car and installed 2 way long range after market one.(Viper brand) It is not impossible to install it yourself. I did it myself.