Fix or Replace? water heater - how old is it?

I'm trying to figure out if I should replace the element or replace the whole thing. Don't know how old it is. House was built in 1983. It's a:
Rheem, m# 62v-52s, s# 0783810708
--
Robert Worcester
Arlington, TX
Robert Worcester wrote:

Jim
Where do you live, what is your Kwh cost, Im Midwest near Chgo. We pay nearly 3 times the price per BTU for electric than gas. I replaced a electric tank with gas tankless, I reduced costs 75%. Of course you have other factors and may not have Ng, but if it doesnt leak, Fix it, unless it is real old
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:58:56 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Wow, I'll remember to check on gas availability next time I buy a house.

Thanks Jim, I'm going to take your advice. Robert