Fire Departments Suck on ladders.

Page 3 of 3

must be from china and made from Bamboo
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 22:34:13 -0700, "Mike"

It is from the Internet and made totally from nonsense.
Luke

I was in your "hood" the other day, grabbing wire from the freeway lights on 95 (BFG). No ladder needed; behind the sound wall.

Oren
<...snipped...>

Please post the source for the $200 sixty foot ladders.
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:36:20 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

What for? I couldn't even LIFT a 60 foot 1A ladder, much less position the damn thing. I have enough trouble managing the 28 footer I've got, with a stabalizer on the end.

needed a 20 foot, but the 24 foot was 50 bucks cheaper, across the street.)
aem sends...
Larry W wrote:

I know a guy in Nigeria who'd sell you one for that. He's the lawyer for the late, tragically departed fire chief and he needs an American to help him get the assets of the department out of the country before the government confiscates it. Send me your email address if you can help.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> writes:

Don't forget to mention that the recipient will have to advance the money needed to ship the ladder from Nigeria, plus bribe a government department to issue the necessary ladder export permit.
    Dave
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:36:20 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

Here you go.
http://www.nationwideladder.com/exterior.html
You may have to bargain with them a bit to get the price.

You seem to know what you are talking about. Why don't you join your local FD and give them the benefit of your expertise? Could it be that you are chicken or just like to blow off in the 'net to show your ignorance?
Harry K

I can see you know nothing about ladders. IIRC, the story said the guy was quite a way up a tree. Ever try manhandling just a 16" ladder? Know what it takes to get a multiton fire ladder truck near enough to a given point to use a ladder? I didn't think so, either. That's why they are usually used on solid asphalt or concrete. WITH outriggers extended.
How would you have done it? Maybe you ought to start a service. With your intelligence, you could make millions.
Or not.
Steve