Finishing old bathroom

I'm trying to restore the beadboard walls of an 1880s bathroom and, now that they've been stripped of their ugly faux tile and 5 layers of paint, need someone who will fill a couple of gaps the faux tile covered. The first guy who tried it was a nice young man who got in above his head. A couple of other carpenters have given me the equivalent of "Huh?" I've called the carpenters' local union and they're sending someone out for some less complicated jobs, but can I expect a modern carpenter to do this kind of restoration or do I really need a cabinetmaker--and if so, how do I find one who has decent skills and won't try to rob me blind? zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec