Filler for a wood floor?

I had to replace 3 or 4 strips in a wood floor in a walk-up 3rd floor attic that is currently made of unfinished 1x3 tongue and groove pine. I bought 1x3 tongue and groove pine from a regular lumber yard for the replacement. But, the new T&G wood is just slightly smaller than the old T&G flooring. So, when I put the 3 or 4 replacement strips in, I am left with small gaps of about 1/8 inch.
I am refinishing the walk-up attic so it will be a useable space. The floor doesn't have to be perfect, but my plan is to clean up what's there and then just put some polyurethane over it.
What would be some possible choices for a filler to use in the small gaps between the pieces? I am trying to figure out what would be a good filler that would look okay and hold up and maybe take the new polyurethane coating reasonably well. I know nothing will look perfect, but what would be a good filler to use for this?
Thanks.
Jay-T wrote:

1. Buy another piece of pine
2. Skinny it down a bit
3. Make tapered splines (rip off strips with the blade set at a slight angle so that you get tapered pieces that are slightly wider than the floor gap at the top, slightly narrower at the bottom}
4. Put glue on spline
5. Tap into gap
6. Plane flush when dry.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

If I might add to that good advice...glue the strip on only one side. If it is glued on both sides it will prevent the normal expansion and contraction of the floor, and, Murphy being a busy guy, and glue being so strong, when the gap does open up it might show up as a crack in the wood strip - not between the boards.
RicodJour wrote:

Thanks. I'll do that too.
dadiOH wrote:

Well, duh. Why didn't I think of that? That's a great idea -- just use wood, no fillers. Thanks! I'll do that.
Jay-T wrote:

You probably never had a boat :)
--

dadiOH

I did, but it was fiberglass, so naturally I thought about Bondo...
Joe