Fill Coax Cable Hole in House?

I pulled out some old Coax cable that was run on the outside of my house and a hole was drilled into the side of the house to a room. What material is best for filling a hole like this?

Before we can give you a useful answer, you must tell us what kind of construction and materials are involved. You may want to do several things, since wall assemblies are usually made up of several layers of different materials. T

I'd use silicone caulk on the outside, spackle on the inside.

Trying to put some wiring in an outside wall, I drilled down from the attic and came out the wall to the outside about a foot below the roof, on the second floor!! I was annoyed at myself, but the house is dark brown, the same color as one of those caulks, and I put in 20 years ago, and I've never noticed the hole again. That stuff is great.
He could be the first wigwam on the street with a caulk patch?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

on 7/20/2008 5:00 PM Edwin Pawlowski said the following:

But that would result in a visible patch!

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The house has cedar shingles on the outside and drywall on the inside. Other then 2 x 4 studs and insulation not sure what else is in there. What ever was used in 1984 in the Pacific Northwest.
Herb Stein wrote:

match, will take care of the outside hole. Maybe shove a little fiberglass in with a screwdriver to block the air path, or use foam-in-a-can, if you have some other projects that need doing. (Once you start those cans, forget about putting them back on the shelf.) Inside, a dab of spackle will cover the hole.
-- aem sends....

Fuschia concrete will fill a hole.