fibreglass insulation, sans formaldehyde

I am planning to use mineral wool batting to insulate a corner of my attic.

I notice that one of the big-box building centres now sells a Johns-Manville product that is "formaldehyde free".

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice on whether this is a good product to buy. Also, is there any huge difference between the Johns-Manville insulation batting and the ones sold by Roxul?

Thanks,

Ted Fairhurst Toronto

Reply to
Ted Fairhurst

Wasn't formaldehyde only an issue for expanded foam or adhesives used for particle board or laminates? Probably just using that as an advertising buzzword for something that never contained formaldehyde.

But they probably need to keep their nose clean, because I seem to remember them throwing away a division before it was sued into bankruptcy.

Reply to
David Efflandt