Fence posts

I need to replace my 5' x 100 yard fence as some of the posts have snapped, or are about to snap. They are all concereted dirctly into the ground. Don't know how long they have been there (only recently bought the house). I don't want to be doing this job again in 5 years' time.....therefore, what are the best ways to use posts. I have heard of using galvanized steel posts, but have never seen what they are like or how easy they are to install. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Mat
Well, it may be aside from the point (or not), but you could do much worse than to get posts of locust ("ironwood") if you can find them and just put them in the ground (no concrete). Pressure treated exterior grade pine will rot in about 20 years . . . locust often lasts 50. But if you want to cut the posts make sure and get them green. After they sit for a while you will dull your best chainsaw on them.
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC http://www.h2omarkdesign.com