Fence charger for 2 boxers

I "dog sit" for my daughter once a month for 2 or 3 days.

She has 2 boxers.

They are very affectionate and loyal dogs.

But they keep pushing fence planks onto the neighbors yard.

I am tired of having to re-attach them. (I use screws instead of nails.)

Do they make a fence charger that could be installed along the bottom of the fence that would not kill the dogs ?

(Maybe one with adjustable voltage/current ?)

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy

Old Rex survived a few encounters with the old Weed Chopper. He wasn't happy about it - for sure!!!! Didn't kill him, and made him wary.

Reply to
clare

i bought on at a agway type store, smart dogs quickly learn to leave the wires alone and avoid the area.....plastic insulators, string wire between insulators, which can be attached to plastic poles if you want.

they cant kill, but memorable if you get zapped. just dont install where neighborhood kids could touch them.

or go the invisible fence route, dogs wear collars that will zap them if they get too close to a buried wire

Reply to
bob haller

Most anything you find at a farm supply store will work. I've never seen one that the user could adjust. They work on small pigs so dogs shouldn't be a problem You might not have to leave it energized very long. Electric fencers have a big scare factor.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I watched a bear touch his nose to an electric fence surrounding a bush camp. It literally flipped ass over teakettle and ran back into the bush.

The fence was installed after the kitchen staff were trapped in the dining unit by two bears sitting one to an exit.

Reply to
Doctor WTF

You can use oil furnace lighting transformer amperage is reasonably low but voltage usually runs around 10,000 volts it will not harm them but I can assure you they will not touch it again.

I "dog sit" for my daughter once a month for 2 or 3 days.

She has 2 boxers.

They are very affectionate and loyal dogs.

But they keep pushing fence planks onto the neighbors yard.

I am tired of having to re-attach them. (I use screws instead of nails.)

Do they make a fence charger that could be installed along the bottom of the fence that would not kill the dogs ?

(Maybe one with adjustable voltage/current ?)

Thanks.

Reply to
tony944

I have one of these and it worked pretty well containing a lab who used to like to run. They learn pretty quick what the boundary line is. He got to the point that I could fence him in with surveyors tape.

Reply to
gfretwell

I got curious so checked the Rural King site. They have one for under $30 made for small areas.

People in my area also use fencers to keep raccoons out of sweet corn patches.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

my puppy puddle, she earned her name:( one day she chewed on the vacuumn cleaner cord, it was plugged in:( she never went near a cord again:(

if a ball bounced behind the tv, she would wait for me to get the ball.

this lasted till she died of old age at about 15 years old.

i still miss puddle today......

Reply to
bob haller

I use an epee, but the recoons used sabres and it didn't go well for me.

Reply to
micky

It's good to know they can learn without repeated doses of kibble.

I wonder what they think.

I'm sure. No one is more loyal than a dog.

Reply to
micky

Thanks for all the responses.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

On 07/19/2015 9:57 PM, Doctor WTF wrote: ...

Had a shorthorn bull years ago that was tame as a dog except he would just push fences over (mostly, it seemed, just to prove he could; it didn't require there be a cow on the other side).

Finally put a hot wire around the inside of his pen--happened to be a relatively wet time so had a real good ground contact. He'd never been around one before and so, smelling the ozone and cattle being curious as always are he sniffed around pretty good for quite a while. His final venture wasn't to actually touch it with his nose, no, he reached out and licked it to see what it tasted like....all four feet came of the ground, various orifices emitted certain materials and he bellowed. But, he never pushed over another fence.

Reply to
dpb

ROFLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! all four feet, huh? That's hysterical! He bellowed? HAHAAAAAAAHAHA

Reply to
Muggles

Wny do you climb mountains? Because they are there.

Edmund Hillary you're not.

Reply to
micky

We put one up in an attempt to keep the elk out of the alfalfa. I don't think the elk even noticed he was dragging a few hundred yards of wire.

Reply to
rbowman

One way is to make the fence painful (some fence chargers have a timer, so they pulse every couple seconds, that's a good idea).

The other idea comes to mind is to make some kind of play toy to distract them. Perhaps you or some handyman can make a shoulder push toy that gives a treat every twenty pushes, to keep em entertained?

Wonder if the dogs can push a dynamo, and make power to sell back to the power company? Push an old wringer washer, save on your laundry?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ALL fence chargers work that way -

Reply to
clare

If my Fi-shock is pulsing, it is pulsing very fast. When I got hung up on it, the shock seemed pretty constant.

Reply to
gfretwell

My neighbor's dog charges the fence until she knocks down a plank or two so she can come into our yard to play with our dog. They are very good friends but our dog does not do it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang