Fence charger for 2 boxers

Page 1 of 2
I "dog sit" for my daughter once a month for 2 or 3 days.
She has 2 boxers.
They are very affectionate and loyal dogs.
But they keep pushing fence planks onto the neighbors yard.
I am tired of having to re-attach them. (I use screws instead of nails.)
Do they make a fence charger that could be installed along the bottom of the fence that would not kill the dogs ?
(Maybe one with adjustable voltage/current ?)
Thanks.
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:01:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy

Old Rex survived a few encounters with the old Weed Chopper. He wasn't happy about it - for sure!!!! Didn't kill him, and made him wary.
On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 10:02:03 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:

i bought on at a agway type store, smart dogs quickly learn to leave the wires alone and avoid the area.....plastic insulators, string wire between insulators, which can be attached to plastic poles if you want.
they cant kill, but memorable if you get zapped. just dont install where neighborhood kids could touch them.
or go the invisible fence route, dogs wear collars that will zap them if they get too close to a buried wire

Most anything you find at a farm supply store will work. I've never seen one that the user could adjust. They work on small pigs so dogs shouldn't be a problem You might not have to leave it energized very long. Electric fencers have a big scare factor.

On 2015-07-19 8:29 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I watched a bear touch his nose to an electric fence surrounding a bush camp. It literally flipped ass over teakettle and ran back into the bush.
The fence was installed after the kitchen staff were trapped in the dining unit by two bears sitting one to an exit.
--
Dr. WTF

On 07/19/2015 9:57 PM, Doctor WTF wrote: ...

Had a shorthorn bull years ago that was tame as a dog except he would just push fences over (mostly, it seemed, just to prove he could; it didn't require there be a cow on the other side).
Finally put a hot wire around the inside of his pen--happened to be a relatively wet time so had a real good ground contact. He'd never been around one before and so, smelling the ozone and cattle being curious as always are he sniffed around pretty good for quite a while. His final venture wasn't to actually touch it with his nose, no, he reached out and licked it to see what it tasted like....all four feet came of the ground, various orifices emitted certain materials and he bellowed. But, he never pushed over another fence.

On 7/20/2015 12:56 PM, dpb wrote:

ROFLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! all four feet, huh? That's hysterical! He bellowed? HAHAAAAAAAHAHA
--
Maggie

Wny do you climb mountains? Because they are there.

Edmund Hillary you're not.
You can use oil furnace lighting transformer amperage is reasonably low but voltage usually runs around 10,000 volts it will not harm them but I can assure you they will not touch it again.
"Andy" wrote in message
I "dog sit" for my daughter once a month for 2 or 3 days.
She has 2 boxers.
They are very affectionate and loyal dogs.
But they keep pushing fence planks onto the neighbors yard.
I am tired of having to re-attach them. (I use screws instead of nails.)
Do they make a fence charger that could be installed along the bottom of the fence that would not kill the dogs ?
(Maybe one with adjustable voltage/current ?)
Thanks.
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:01:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy

I have one of these and it worked pretty well containing a lab who used to like to run. They learn pretty quick what the boundary line is. He got to the point that I could fence him in with surveyors tape.

I got curious so checked the Rural King site. They have one for under $30 made for small areas. http://tinyurl.com/nb2vzjp People in my area also use fencers to keep raccoons out of sweet corn patches.

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 8:16:52 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

my puppy puddle, she earned her name:( one day she chewed on the vacuumn cleaner cord, it was plugged in:( she never went near a cord again:(
if a ball bounced behind the tv, she would wait for me to get the ball.
this lasted till she died of old age at about 15 years old.
i still miss puddle today......

It's good to know they can learn without repeated doses of kibble.
I wonder what they think.

I'm sure. No one is more loyal than a dog.
On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 9:01:12 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

Thanks for all the responses.
Andy
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 07:16:44 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

I use an epee, but the recoons used sabres and it didn't go well for me.
On 07/20/2015 06:16 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

We put one up in an attempt to keep the elk out of the alfalfa. I don't think the elk even noticed he was dragging a few hundred yards of wire.
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 22:36:28 -0600, rbowman

Wow.
We had occasion to want the state to repair the fence that borders an interstate highway. A tree had fallen on it, actually two trees in two places. The man in charge came out to the location with us, which wasn't far from his station. He said that they wouldn't repair it. I said, I thought you were required to have a fence. He said They're required to build a fence but not to repair it. I said I thought they were meant to keep deer off the highway.
He laughed and said a six (or were they 8) foot fence has no effect on deer. They just jump right over them. Elk I'm sure even more so, though I don't know about deer's dragging abilitilies.
He did say that in the city they would repair a broken fence, but in rural areas they would not, even though the fence was originally built everywhere.
On 7/19/2015 10:01 PM, Andy wrote:

One way is to make the fence painful (some fence chargers have a timer, so they pulse every couple seconds, that's a good idea).
The other idea comes to mind is to make some kind of play toy to distract them. Perhaps you or some handyman can make a shoulder push toy that gives a treat every twenty pushes, to keep em entertained?
Wonder if the dogs can push a dynamo, and make power to sell back to the power company? Push an old wringer washer, save on your laundry?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

ALL fence chargers work that way -

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:38:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

If my Fi-shock is pulsing, it is pulsing very fast. When I got hung up on it, the shock seemed pretty constant.