Faux marble caulking?

A house I just bought has some stuff I've heard called faux marble in the bathrooms for the counter and backsplash - it's eventually going be replaced, but until then, I want to re-do the seam caulking where the counter and backsplash meet - but the caulking is nothing like silicone or anything that I can scrape off and replace - it is VERY hard - I'm not even sure a chisel could break it free - any suggestions - should I just put new silicone sealant over the old stuff? Thanks!!
Texas Yankee" writes:

Prolly grout, not caulk. If you're planning on gutting within a couple of years and you don't mind, just seal over with a clear (or white, gray, almond, as appropriate) caulk.
Otherwise, google on "grout rake"
Best,
Marc
Texas Yankee wrote:

Probably grout. Caulk over it with latex caulk of color similar to marble. Clean well, wipe with bleach, let dry first.