Faucet -- Stop it from "turning off???"

I have a single-lever kitchen faucet. Stainless steel, fairly heavy construction. About a year old.
You can see a pix of it here:
http://eclipsestainless.com/images/faucet_kps3030cascade.png
Works fine for medium and above water flow.
At lower volume it has a handy -- NOT -- shut-off feature. In other words the faucet handle slowly sinks down -- takes about 7-10 seconds -- and turns it self off.
I have found numerous posts about Price/Pfister faucets doing this, but have found no suggestions on how to fix this.
Any clues?
tim birr wrote:

retainer ring to 60 inch-pounds. Is it an Avanti? That probably requires replacement of the cartridge and retainer ring.

OP again. It's an Eclipse, made in China.
I forgot to mention it only does the "turn-off" on the hot water....And it is more like 3 seconds and then it lowers down.
The brand is pretty much only sold through granite fabricators. It actually has a good reputation from what I can tell. And the journeyman plumber who installed it reluctantly said it appeared to be very well constructed <he only wanted to use Moen>
tim birr wrote:

designer may have assumed that somebody who turned on the hot partway wanted a quick rinse. snipped-for-privacy@eclipsestainless.com could probably tell you.

If is slowly shuts off, push it down bythand for a faster shutoff
OP Again/.////
Well, OK, as I suspected since I found nothing via google before I posted, that this is sorta of an issue with no solution....BTW...retaining ring makes no sense to me, though I do appreciate the effort at trying.
Anyway, guess I'll live with it for now.