Fastenal Nutsert Update

This is a follow up to an earlier post asking about how to use Fastenal Nutserts for a repair project. If you missed the first round, the nutserts are:
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0125677
I ordered the nutserts and when they came I took the fireplace screen down to the tool room to repair it. Checking out the situation, something didn't look quite right. I tried threading the handles into the nutserts and they wouldn't fit. Turns out that I had ordered 1/4-20 nutserts for a 5/16-18 threaded shaft! I have done dumber things but I have no idea how I got the thread size goofed up like that.
Figuring that this was an omen of some sort, I drilled and tapped a piece of flat steel to 5/16-18, bolted it to the screen, and installed the handles. Works perfectly. I should have taken the easy way out from the start but was interested in trying the nutsert idea. If I ever come up with a project requiring 1/4-20 nutserts, I'll remember all the helpful hints from this group and post the results when I finish.
Paul