fascia board

My fascia board has rotted and the homeowner association wants me to fix it.

I do not own a table saw that will cut the 1/4 inch slot for the soffit. I have about 200 feet of fascia board that needs replacing and I don't know if they sell ready cut fascia boards..

What to do, what to do?

Reply to
HomerS

Not having seen it, I can't speak for your house, but ...

Many folks are able to just cut 1-by boards (i.e. 1x4, 1x6, etc) to length, butt them up against the soffit, and nail 'em in place. This can be done with appropriate wood supplies, a circular saw, hammer, etc.

The usual problem to look out for has to do with rotten wood, etc

*under* the old fascia board.

Hope it helps ...

Willie

Reply to
Willie The Wimp

Willie The Wimp wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Does this qualify? :-)

?pic=34nru3s&s=3

Red Green

Or clad it with metal sheet and forget about it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Exactly!

I'm thinking I will try cement board over the rotton wood and then lots of paint and caulk on the ends at the corners. And use 1/2 in quarter round on the inside to hold the soffit straight.

Reply to
HomerS

You can buy 2x6 and 2x8 grooved fascia at any real lumberyard.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Hire a contractor to fix it. If you're in a yuppie HOA subdivision, you can surely afford a proper fix.

S. Barker