Exterior House Paint

I am once again in the process of having to paint the exterior a couple of 60+ year old houses. I have used Benjamin Moore ( MorFLO ?) and have been satisfied but the prices seemed to have skyrocked at the local dealers to like $32+/gal "contractor price" . I am looking for an alternative . One local painter suggests Sherwin Williams ( Super Paint ) which is about $ 26/gallon "contractor price" . What else is out in exterior there which comes close the Benjamin Moore quality but costs a lot less ? - Thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

stick with the old reliable.

Reply to
robson

Bite the bullet and pay the $32. It's good paint.

Reply to
Phisherman

My experience with paint, you get what you pay for. If you selling maybe go with the cheaper paint. If your keeping the homes then your making work for your self. Something I try not to do.

Reply to
SQLit

... (I didn't see OP on this server, so this may not thread correctly, sorry...)

Simple...nothing. There's a reason near-equal quality is near-equal price...

I've just repainted our old barn and, being in a small locale, have very little local choice...Sherwin-Williams is the only full-line distributor in town and I have been pleased at all w/ their paints recently... The B-M dealer here has essentially quit selling paint and gone into other areas owing to there being so little profit margin left as everyone is looking for cheap these days...

I (disgustingly) ended up going to the Home Depot in Garden City and went with the top-line Behr oil-based primer and latex top coat. We got three sides painted and the fourth primed before cold weather caught us...I've been real pleased with the application of both and covering. We'll see how it holds up. It was roughly $100/5-ga1 and for the amount I needed (40 g primer/80 g top) they cut ~20%.

I would have much preferred local but couldn't get either local distributor to even bid--don't exactly know why, but they seemed to not think I was serious about purchasing that amount... :( (Although, of course, I probably wouldn't have bought the S-W, anyway.)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

exterior a couple

MorFLO ?) and have

the local

for an

( Super Paint

else is out in

quality but costs a

My experience with paint, you get what you pay for. If you selling maybe go with the cheaper paint. If your keeping the homes then your making work for your self. Something I try not to do.

Reply to
Boots